Ever since I have been to Podfood, I couldn’t get kale chips out of my mind so of course I had to make some for myself. I made these as a side to home-made cheese burgers and they made for a tasty salty snack. I bought a bunch from Costco for around $3.50.
It is super simple! If you can shred, wash and turn on an oven, you should be able to make kale chips.
- 1 bunch of kale
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 175°C
- Tear the kale leaves away from the stem
- Wash and dry the kale leaves thoroughly with a salad spinner
- Toss the leaves in a bowl with olive oil and season with salt
- Place a single layer on a lined baking tray and bake for 10 – 15 minutes (be careful not to burn them)
- Proceed to eat them om nom nom