I’ve been eagerly awaiting this news and you can find all the details in the article here.
The run down:
- An electronic ballot (open from 9am 8th Oct 2014) will determine who gets a reservation in this highly sort after restaurant which will seat about 50 people
- There will be a chef’s table (4 people) where guests will see the ‘behind the scenes’ food prep and talk to the chefs throughout the service, which has not been offered before in any of Heston’s restaurants
- They will contact the people who are lucky enough to get a table as well as the ones that aren’t
- The Fat Duck will be opened from the 3rd February 2015 for 6 months, after which it will turn into ‘Dinner by Heston’ when all the staff will return home back to the renovated original restaurant in Bray
- Heston himself will be there for at least half the time which will include the first and last month
- If you’re lucky enough to get in, it will cost you $525 a person for a 12-15 course of “pure food theatre”
- The menu will not be the same as the original UK restaurant
An electronic ballot seems fair enough, but 50 seats is not big at all for a restaurant with this much air of excitement and anticipation. I should start telling all my friends that all I want for my 30th birthday is to eat at The Fat Duck (so start clicking).
So it seems that the 8th of October 2014 is the date to write into your calendar folks!