Of course it did…As soon as I left Canberra, all these exciting things open/happen.
1. Orexi– the new Greek restaurant inside the Hellenic club in Woden had a soft opening recently, so the restaurant shouldn’t be too far off from opening (or has? I can’t seem to see anything on their instagram account)
2. Eat Canberra is launching ‘Eat Canberra Food Tours’. This sounds pretty awesome and I can’t wait to see where the guides take people to showcase the best of Canberra’s dining scene
3. The Hungry Buddha is opening their Belconnen restaurant! They have a soft opening on the 20th but they have a great deal for all those who are interested in trying their new Belconnen venture at a discounted rate: enjoy dinner for two for $50 until 30 June 2017 (save $56!). To participate, purchase an opening special voucher here before the 31st October 2016: www.deals.thehungrybuddha.com.au
4. The Duxton is hoping to re-open its doors later this month to show off their newly renovated bar which will include a roof top terrace!
5. The Forage– 22nd October 2-7pm I’m missing out on the last one of the year😦 **update- due to bad weather The Forage has been postponed until 12th Nov 2016!
6. Molto down in Kingston foreshore are finally doing wood fired pizza again!
7. Another bar across the border has also recently seen renovations. The Tourist Hotel in Queanbeyan offer a number of specials across the week but they have ALL YOU CAN EAT bourbon rubbed chicken wings EVERY DAY for $15!!! This has my name written all over it and I left to go on holidays.😦 I will have to go ASAP when I get back
I’m home in time for- Lolo and Lola‘s next pop up dinner 16th Nov
I’m still waiting for- Oscy’s burger and charcoal and Le Bon Melange to open
I know I’m probably not going to get any sympathy for missing out but I hope you all enjoy what is on offer in Canberra while I’m away.