I know it has been several months and I haven’t posted many recipes, but I guarantee you that I have been cooking (and will post more I promise)! With the hotter months here (well it’s supposed to be) and everyone still in holiday mode, I thought I’d share some of my favourite simple ‘easy peasy’ (note: there are no peas in the recipe) recipes with you.
Cobb loaf with French Onion dip (thanks Lissy!)
* 1 packet of French onion soup mix
* 1 large tub of sour cream
* 1 cobb loaf or similar bread
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Take the loaf and cut off a little ‘hat’ and pull out chunks of bread from the inside and place it on an aluminium foil covered baking tray (see 2nd picture)
- Mix the french onion soup and sour cream together and pour into the bread cavity
- Bake til the bread is golden brown
I usually put it on the table as is and people just help themselves, I also put a bread knife next to it so once the bread pieces have been eaten you can cut the bread ‘bowl’ into sections and eat the whole thing!